Mike wrote a great OpEd for Townhall.com. Here is a synopsis:
- Everything changed for Mike when then-presidential candidate Donald Trump reached out for a private meeting with Mike.
- On August 15, 2016, after his meeting with Donald Trump, Mike was convinced he would be the greatest president ever.
- People always ask Mike how to help the President. His answer is, “Pray for him to have great wisdom, discernment, and protection.”
- Mike enjoys talking to people of President Donald Trump's accomplishment in a short 2 years to include a revving economy and record-low unemployment plus much more.
- President Trump is also taking on the opioid epidemic, which as a former crack addict is of particular interest to Mike.
Mike was recently at the rally for Ted Cruz in Houston, Texas with President Trump. He was interviewed by Right Side Broadcasting Network. Here are the highlights of that interview.
- Mike said this is the most important mid-term election in our lifetime and that everybody should tell their friends, family and neighbors to get out and vote.
- He says that everybody loves our President, they just don't know it yet.
- President Trump was picked by God to run this country and it's a Divine appointment.
- Mike announces his Lindell Recovery Network. Over the last year, he has vetted faith-based treatment centers across the country. An addict would put in his age and his addiction and he/she will get stories of hope. They can see that there is hope for them as well. After, Mike will be like their tour guide on the website and show them places of recovery near them. Then when they come out of treatment, paid mentors employed by Lindell Recovery Network will be there for them to help them continue their recovery.
- Mike says that a lot of times, when addicts come out of treatment, people don't trust them right away. But with the treatments centers, Like Salvation Army, Union Gospel, and many others that Mike has vetted, employers will grab them up right away because these centers are trusted. A 20 year old opiate addict might not relate to a 50 year old meth addict. Lindell Recover Network will match age and addiction to help that person.
"Take it from a guy who knows all about how to rest easy. We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever," declares Mike Lindell in his article in the Duluth News Tribune. For, Mike has seen "record-low unemployment and a booming economy" in the 500+ days that Trump has been President.
As proof, Mike states that he has seen "firsthand the positive changes President Trump's policies are bringing to our state." In fact, due to the "historic tax cuts," all of Mike's employees benefited from the pay raise that Mike was able to give them.
Plus, unemployment has seen a major downward trend since Trump took office:
- In Minnesota, the "unemployment rate has been cut in half." Furthermore, Minnesota unemployment is doing well compared to other states: "unemployment in Minnesota is now at 3.1 percent, compared to 3.9 percent nationally."
- In the Minneapolis/St. Paul/Bloomington, Minnesota area, "unemployment is 2.7 percent", while in MyPillow's headquarters' Carver County, the "unemployment rate has dropped from 3.8 percent to 2.6 percent since President Trump took the oath."
- Black unemployment has also dropped: it is now at "7.5 percent, the lowest since the state began keeping records in 2001."
And, Trump's economic plan is "working in a massive way for businesses and manufacturers throughout Minnesota." In fact, Creighton University's nine-state Mid America Business Conditions Index (which includes Minnesota) went from 55.5 in April to an impressive 62.3. Since any number above 50 indicates economic growth, this signals that "Minnesota's economy is truly booming."
Another example of a booming economy is Minnesota's iron-mining industry, which is overcoming its setback in 2015 due to illegal Chinese steel dumping and is now "more optimistic about our economic situation than we've been in recent years."
Furthermore, a Minnesota business owners' survey "revealed an 'almost surreally high level of optimism, with expectations of record revenues, record profitability, a record level of investment in their companies, and increased wages.'"
Based on these strong indicators of growth, Mike believes that "We need to keep our state's economic momentum going, and the only way we can do that is by helping to elect pro-Trump candidates to the U.S. Senate and U.S. House in the midterm elections this fall."
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump since Mike met Trump in Trump Tower in 2016, where he saw that Trump's "heart is committed to helping all Americans" and, based on that, Mike "knew he would deliver."
And, since Trump has become president, Mike has seen that "President Donald Trump has not let me down. In fact, what he's accomplished so far is beyond what I ever expected."
Which is why Mike says, "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
President Trump gave a major shout-out to Mike Lindell and his MyPillow, declaring that "I actually use them, believe it or not," to the cheers of the crowd.
He went on to tout Mike's ad buying abilities, stating that "I want you to be my ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals."
Mike, who attended the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, is a staunch supporter of the President and has been a supporter since the early days of Trump's campaign. Mike thoroughly agrees with Trump's assessment that he, with other supporters, have "had a great journey together and we are making progress like nobody thought possible.”
In fact, Mike wrote an article,"Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us," about this journey, where Mike declares that Trump's accomplishments are "beyond what I ever expected."Read more
Mike Lindell was branded by President Trump as someone that "makes great deals." In fact, Trump actually said that Mike was so good that Trump wanted Mike to become his ad buyer because, as Trump said, "I guarantee you that Mike makes good deals.".
And, Trump knows that Mike makes a great product, declaring, "He is the greatest, he does make a great product, I actually use them," as the crowd applauded in approval.
Mike, who was attending the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, has been a strong Trump supporter from the very beginning. In fact, Mike states that what Trump has accomplished so far is "beyond what I ever expected" in his article in the Duluth News Tribune, "Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us."Read more
"Do you ever see this guy with the pillows on Fox...He is the greatest," declared President Trump to the applause of the crowd at a rally in North Dakota. Trump then went on to say "Mike does make a great product, great pillows". Then, Trump admitted that he actually uses MyPillows, which got enthusiastic cheers from the crowd.
Trump continued with the announcement that he "wanted Mike to be his ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals." And, to seal the deal, Trump said, "I haven't asked him yet, would you be my ad buyer please, Mike?"
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump practically from day one. In fact, due to Mike's faith in Trump's ability to grow America's economy, Mike wrote a article in the Duluth News Tribune , declaring that "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
Read about Mike's amazing story in The Washington Post's article, From crack cocaine to Mar-a-Lago: The unusual journey of the MyPillow man. It truly is a story of "a journey that has run from pig pens and Las Vegas card tables to MyPillow fame and the gold-plated halls of Mar-a-Lago."
- Mike's early days: Before MyPillow, Mike jumped from business to business. He started a carpet cleaning company, then a lunch wagon business. Mike even tried his hand at counting cards at Las Vegas casinos plus raising pigs. He then purchased a bar business that, as Mike says, “Probably wasn’t a real good idea, because I was an addict at the time, a pretty hardcore cocaine addict."
- Mike as an addict: Mike was a cocaine, then a crack cocaine addict for almost 20 years. In fact, it got so bad that he once had “so much crack cocaine pounding through his bloodstream he hadn’t slept for two weeks,” so his crack dealers actually refused to sell him drugs. In fact, one dealer took a picture of Mike’s “addict’s face" with "walking-dead skin tone, disheveled hair, and mug shot scowl.” as a “memento of what it looked like at rock bottom." Mike has kept this picture to this day. In fact, Mike is planning on using the picture on the cover of his upcoming autobiography.
- The MyPillow business takes off: Through prayer, Mike became clean and sober overnight on January 16, 2009. And then the MyPillow business started really taking off as he took the “idea plucked from a dream into a successful international business claiming nearly 30 million sales.” This amazing growth is mostly due to the infamous infomercials, which, when they first came out, caused MyPillow to grow from 6 employees to 500 in a few months. MyPillow now has over 1,500 employees.
- Mike becomes a Trump supporter: Mike then stumbled into politics due to his strong support of President Trump. In fact, he had a meeting in 2016 with the then-candidate Trump, where they talked about Mike’s made-in-America business. Mike sent Trump and Melania pillows after that meeting, and received a personal message saying that they both "really liked MyPillow". Mike was also at Trump’s 2017 inauguration. And, during the 2018 Easter weekend, Mike had dinner at Mar-a-Lago, where Trump said “You are doing a great job, Michael." and that he is "sleeping great on his MyPillow.”
As the article says, It’s been a quintessentially American wild ride, "a journey that has run from pig pens and Las Vegas card tables to MyPillow fame and the gold-plated halls of Mar-a-Lago".
Mike Lindell shares his testimony and gets the Presidents Award at the National Religious Broadcasters’ (NRB) Media Leadership Dinner. Throughout his life, Mike has been helped by God, even before he found Christ, as he relates in this interview by Eric Metaxas at the NRB Media Leadership Dinner.
- Mike, a crack cocaine addict before he found release from drugs through God, was able to give hope to his drug dealers before he became sober. As his dealer said back then, “You made a promise that you’d come back after you found Jesus or whatever -- you would come back and help us all”. Now two of three of Mike’s drug dealers are Christians and work for Mike.
- Along with his addictions, Mike faced business failure, losing his wife, losing his home, and a takeover of the MyPillow company. But, Mike persevered and was able to succeed due to miracles which, according to Mike, “don’t happen unless you have God, unless you have Jesus.”
- Mike promised God that he would “do this platform thing you’ve got me”. So, true to his promise, Mike started the Lindell Foundation to help the drug dealers he dealt with and others in need. Through the foundation, 100% of the money given goes directly to needs, people get to pick what need they want to give to, and they hear back about how their money helped.
- Mike also received NRB's President’s Award - see http://nrb.org/news-room/articles/nrbt/nrb-honors-excellence-announces-75th-anniversary-celebration-plans-closing-gala/ While accepting the award, Mike said, “It’s not about the pillow anymore; it’s about Jesus." Congratulations, Mike!
As Metaxas told Mike, “This is raw. This is beautiful. God [worked on] your life while you were a wreck and was operating on you while you were still on crack.”Read more
Mike Lindell joined the "Made in America" roundtable that was hosted by President Trump, Vice-president Pence, Department of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, and Director of the White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro. This roundtable was part of the "Made in America" week.
Mike and 19 other industry leaders that manufacture their products in America were at the roundtable to talk about the importance of making their products in America. Mike emphasized that the MyPillow was 100% American - including the cotton, which is grown in America. Mike said that "Keeping the jobs here is just so rewarding." and was proud to have 1500 passionate employees who have careers at MyPillow. And, Mike emphasized that when companies move their products overseas, the workers of the company lose their jobs - as well as the workers of the suppliers of the company.
“We're here today to continue our celebration of American manufacturing as part of Made in America Week. The leaders and innovators around this table create the products that fill our homes, defend our nation, and enrich our lives. And each one of these products proudly carries the label, Made in the USA,” said the President.Read more
Mike's entrepreneurial success story actually starts in a crack house. Although he had already started his MyPilllow business, his turning point was getting out of the crack houses by conquering his intense crack and cocaine addictions through faith in 2008.
- Mike invented the MyPillow in 2003 through a dream, based on many restless nights
- After quitting his addictions, he started newspaper advertising and his famous MyPillow infomercial.
- He also expanded into Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, QVC and other retailers. MyPillow also has 17 MyPillow retail stores.
- In 2016, MyPillow continued to expand. Towards that, Mike opened a new 100,000-square-foot factory that is capable of making 85,000 pillows a day in anticipation of tripling his sales.
From the article:
He’d had another dream: MyPillow would be a $1 billion company.Read more